6.27.2009

BRIAN AND KATIE.

Meet Brian and Katie.

Sean and I found ourselves sitting amongst the sweetest most humble two women you could ever hope to meet, one icy January evening. The adorable bride to be, Katie, and her elegant mother, Brenda, painted visions of how the big day would unfold. "yellow!", Katie smiled. "My girls will be in canary yellow, and we'll have the ceremony early in the afternoon down the street at our family church." Her mother watched, genuinely smiling as her little girl covered every detail, and knowing that she was not so little anymore.

That night, as Sean and I were driving home, we both admitted this was an event we could not wait to attend. We knew if the two most important women in the wedding were as beautiful and down to earth as we believed, the rest of their loved ones would be nothing short of divine.

Entering the home where the bride, her parents and bridesmaids were preparing themselves for the ceremony, I noticed a calm, solace energy. It was a warm, bright May afternoon and a slow breeze filtered through large open windows. I passed family members and canary yellow dresses to greet Katie who was alone in her mothers bedroom seeing herself in her dress for the first time. I felt myself get teary eyed, which, as hard as I try to give myself a "pre-game" pep talk about remaining completely professional, I always seem to do. She was perfect. And calm. And collected. And ready.

The day seemed to fly as we moved from the house, to the ceremony, to a steamy bride and groom photo session on the grounds of the reception. The staff of Whispering Ridge did a fine job preparing the dining hall, and as Sean and I made our exit, guests were arriving with open arms to the stunning groom and his gorgeous bride.

This is their story.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...Way to make me cry a little. I love it, made me miss my family and this event. Great job. Katie you look so good and happy.

    ReplyDelete